Monday, April 9, 2012

9th April 2012

St Lucia getaway

Have been away in the Caribbean for some rest and relaxation.  Actually a gift to my wife from herboss for 35years service.  All bosses should be like that.  Great time and wonderful peopl but it is always nice to be back home, and so back to the dinghy now that the weather is improved.
My  wife keeps asking " Does it look like a boat yet?"  My answer is "Only if you know what the parts of a boat look like."  I hadn't realized how much time it takes to make all the different parts at the beginning - stations, thwarts, stems (inner and outer), stern pieces and I'm still only halfway to getting all the various pieces glued, laminated and cut.  And then there are the pieces (molds) that have to be made so that the 'pieces' can be shaped.
My studio is gradually getting more cluttered than it was.  Just the tools take up a lot of space but then something else I didn't think about and reckon on was how much waste wood there is from building a boat.  I hate to see that but there is no alternative as what to do with the scraps from a round shape cut from a square.  Kindling anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment